Thursday, November 06, 2008

Flora of Sussex!

Not a very exciting title, but I am going somehwere with this. You may, or may not be aware, that at University, I am also known as Flora. Although it sounds like a strange nickname, I really miss not being called Flora when I'm not at Uni. The name comes from my first year when I was (and still am I hope) very pro-active (get things done, be helpful). So, after the popular margarine, I am called Flora (pro-active).

At the moment, I am identifying 20 plants for a collection as part of one of my University assignment. It's very exciti... Sorry, I fell asleep there. What was I saying? Oh yes, so I am doing this plant collection, and I wanted a book to help me out (no Sian, this isn't cheating, but how I use the book to complete my collection may be a little underhanded). The Universities two libraries have some books on Sussex plants. Our two libraries have a grand total of... two books. One of which is in deep and darkest storage. So the book I ended up with is called (thinking about the title)... that's right - Flora of Sussex.

When telling my friends at University, several chuckled, and asked if it was a book about me (as I am Flora, and I am from Sussex). Having thought about it, with a title like that, it does make my nickname sound like some comic Viking Invader... Flora of Sussex!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woooohoooo i made it in, i made it in!!
Not sure about Flora though, still it might grow on me...geddit?
Well it made me laugh anyway!
Sian