Monday, November 10, 2008

Am I the only person that can tell the time?

Well, a week into this new format CATCOUK, and I think we're doing well. I even had some comments to read (even if they were full of the worst, and lowest grade of joke known to mankind, so bad in fact, that they are considered a health hazard).

I know I'm writing this Monday, but I was up until 1.30am last night (or is that this morning) finishing and printing an assignment for Uni. But I had to write a few words about yesterday. I had a conversation with the Commanding Officer of our Nautical Training Corps unit (the fantastic TS Intrepid) about what time we'd be meeting for Remembrance Day Parade. Brian finally said that we would meet at Lancing station at 9.30am. Fine.

So one would think it odd, that when I appeared at the station, all of the cadets were there, and so was, most remarkably, the Commanding Officer, Brian. Brian is never on time, and I settled long ago that I would have to factor in that he works on a different time zone to the rest of us. But here he was, five minutes early (it was 9.25 you see). I got out of the car, walked over to the cadets, and they were all tapping their wrists (like watches), and a couple of them saying one of my favourite quotes 'Five minutes early is on time, on time is late!'

What were they talking about? I was five minutes early. Or was I? Put all of the pieces together: all of the cadets there, all of the officers there, and most dammingly, Brian was there. The bugger had only chnaged the time we were meeting on the paperwork he gave out (that I didn't get). They all met at 9.15. I wouldn't have minded so much, but when we spoke on the phone, that's the time I said we should meet (that Brian said was to early). Scumbag. Sir.

Also, I had to print out all of the really exciting new safety regulations for the NTC. I had been told to meet some of the National Council members at National Headquaters (NHQ) at 3pm. So I was there at 2.55pm, in the very string winds, and rain. At 3.30, they finally arrived. That doesn't sound so bad, but I had to park a long way away, so I had to stand outside in the cold the whole time. My life is just too exciting - why aren't there hundreds of women lining up to date me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the quality of the jokes quite high and what are string winds btw?
Sian