Friday, February 27, 2009

What a genious insurance salesman!

For many years, I have got my motorcycle insurance from an Irish fella in a brokers in Worthing. He has never failed to get me cheap insurance for my bike, and he is generally an awesome bloke. In fact, he's bloomin' amazing. I only see the chap once a year, but he knows my name every time he sees me, knows all about me, what course I'm doing at Uni, asks about Mum (she get's her bike insurance through him as well) - how does Gerry (for that is his name)remember all this stuff!?!?!?

I phoned him up the other day, and said, 'hello Gerry, it's Andy'. My insurance is due for renewal, and I needed to tell him the details of my motoring conviction (still gets me angry thinking about that). So I said, 'Hello Gerry, it's Andy'. To which he replied (remember, we're on the phone, he can't see my face, and I've given no surname) 'You're a knob aren't ya! A blo*dy IN10?'

How's that for customer service, huh? Legend.

I have to say though, he sorted me out a cracking deal. The offense has only increased by insurance by £15, and was £35 less than I had been quoted elsewhere! (I wish my car insurance had only gone up by £15, instead of £75...).

Lastly, it would be rude of me to say hi to the person who suggested and introduced me to Gerry. I doubt she remembers, but way back in our first year of college, Sibohan suggested him for bike insurance (please get an easier name to spell...).

Double lastly, I realised that I let the 200th CATCOUK blog post slip by last time. I'm glad that such an honour was dedicated to the passing of one of my friends. Please re-read the last post, and imagine fireworks and catherine wheels...

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

My facebook name is spelt wrong btw ;)
But you're welcome... I do have vague memories of that time way back when.... I was young or something haha