Monday, February 02, 2009

It's been an odd day...

I woke up this morning at 8, all ready for a day at Uni. Unfortunately, mother nature was against me (as was my mother in fact - she wasn't keen on my skidding along the snow-filled roads). I thought about simply skiing along the Downs to Chichester, but then I remembered how much I hate skiing...

I love snow, and we see it so rarely here in the Florida of the UK. Unfortunately though, the snow meant I was trapped at home on a day when I was hoping to be at Uni. This meant a day of watching TV, and doing a few odd jobs. One of those odd jobs was to make a change to my relationship status on FaceBook.

After an exciting weekend in Brighton, where a young lady and I were up all night, and then had to visit the fmaily planning clinic the next morning, I felt that I should stop advertising myself as 'single'. I decided not saying anything was a better move, not realising that FaceBook would then shout about the fact - and that I would subsequently be beseiged with messages! Anyways, it provides some more grease for the NTC gossip wheels I suppose... Bugger.

ERNIE UPDATE: Well, the more cunning of you will realise that I didn't drive in the snow today, despite having the choice! Ernie is now repaired, and is all systems go (except the radio which doesn't work at all now...). Dave the mechanic said that it was the 'ignition module' (whatever the heck that is), and it was on it's way out anyway. This means two things: 1. Ernie is amazing (which I knew anyway) as he got us home, instead of stranding us in France; 2. The trip to Grenoble caused no problems, and was a faultless 1400 mile journey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be time to "retire" Ernie; the amount of money you have spent repairing him must have been enough to get a decent(!!!) car.