Sunday, February 15, 2009

An uncharacteristic social rant

In the last few weeks, an advert has slithered it's way onto our TV screens. Nothing odd about that, there are many adverts on TV - but this one I object to strongly. It's one of those 'diet pills' adverts for women. Most of these adverts have a before and after image, and sometimes you can see why the 'before' woman might want to diet - she's a little overweight. But this one has really angered me. Look at the pictures below. I'm guessing the pictures on the left are supposed to be 'before' shots.
To every man that reads this - is there anything wrong with the lady on the left? I would strongly guess that there isn't a man or woman on the planet who considers her overweight, or ever the slightest bit 'chunky'. In fact, she's gorgeous. Worse still, there are many women who might be a little bigger than 'before' picture, and feel they need to diet because of these pictures. Bol*oc*ks! No they don't.

You may wonder why I say these things. Well, other than an excuse to put pictures of beautiful bikini-clad women on my blog, I also have many female friends. I know that some of them have issues with their self-image, and I felt the need to condemn this kind of advert, and to try and assure as many normal women out there as possible that they are not fat, they don't need to go on a diet, and they don't need to start taking diet pills. Just say no girls!

Rant over. Say no to drugs (of any kind) kids!

1 comment:

MRG said...

nothing wrong at all! it's s all about the curves! For the win!