Monday, January 05, 2009

Longing for Lanzarote

As I drove my motorbike through Bognor this morning (through the cold and sleet), I realised that it was two years ago that our degree group had all met up at Gatwick airport to go on a two week trip to Lanzarote. If you've been a regular reader that long (not that I'm sure that there are any left), yes, it really has been two years since I was taken prisoner by the Lanzarote police, and subsequently escaped with the aide of my friend Michael, and went into hiding suing a gyrocopter.

Seriously though, it was the best vacation (and two weeks) that I have ever had. It annoys me slightly that I know that I will never have such a great holiday again (how can I - two weeks with 30 of the greatest people I have ever known, in a perfect paradise of fun?). But it annoys me even more that I have got to go to the Alpes to face certain injury and peril, and sore knees, and back in just four days! Oh, I wish we were going to Lanzarote instead. Although having said that, I wish we were going anywhere instead (except another ski resort, that would kind of make my point redundant...).

Incidentally, I was riding through Bognor to drop Ernie's car keys off at the garage (God bless W. Jones) so thay he could be serviced in preparation for the 1500 mile throp that awaits...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe me it's not your knees that are going to be sore!! Lol the thought of you on skis is slightly worrying, however i'm sure if you just relax a little and have some alcohol you'll love it works for me every time!