Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh good, it's Christmas. Again...

There are some people at there that this year believe I have developed a dislike of Christmas. Whilst I freely admit that Christmas isn't the happiest time of year for me, I don't hate it. The majority of my friends are elsewhere (and this year, with Michael in Wales, I think I can say that all of my friends are elsewhere), I guess that I just feel a bit lonely. Add in the fact that for two weeks, I have nothing to do (NTC is closed, and I admit to missing them, no Uni, and not much to get out of bed for), and I am locked in a house with my family. Are you seeing my point? I love Christmas, but when it's time to go and buy that Christmas tree, it's generally an early warning system being switched on in my head that two weeks of misery approaches.

But I do believe in the good that Christmas has to offer. At this time of the year, Lancing and Sompting Lions club (of which I am a member) go around my home town of Lancing with Santa, on a brightly lit sleigh, towed by another of our member's old Rover, playing loud Christmas tunes. For someone who truely hates Christmas, I imagine that it is hell on Earth. But I actually quite enjoy. Despite having the wonderful Chavs of Lancing lauching rocks at us, and old gits shouting at us (we just say 'Merry Christmas' extra loudly to them...), we go out in the cold, and knock on doors, and rattle tins. Although it brings in over £2000 a year, I enjoy it to see the small children smile at Santa. Soppy I know, but proof I hope, that I don't hate Christmas.

On a side note, you have not lived until you have ridden in the back on an old trailer (I mean sleigh), towed by an old Rover at 30mph along the A27, with the sound system set to inappropriately loud, playing that tune that goes: 'Hallelujah! HALLELUJAH! Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halle-hey, Lujah!' Please imagine me singing that, I think it makes for better imagery...

Merry Christmas from CATCOUK (if I don't manage to post again before Thursday). Incidentally, just 5 shoplifting days left until that special day...

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

I knew you'd have been doing something Christmassy.... But ok maybe imagining you in a santas outfit was a bit far fetched though!

On a side note... I'm lonely this christmas too =P

This could seem so wrong to anyone else lol