Friday, December 05, 2008

Bloody Cliff Richard!

Christmas is fast approaching, whether I want to admit it or not. So I have managed to get alot of Christmas shopping done this week. Today, I had to get the last thing for my mother - a Cliff Richard CD. Now I'm certainly no expert, but I've seen adverts on the TV, and I was pretty sure he'd just released a new album.

I wondered in to HMV, and was confronted with row upon row upon row of CDs and DVDs. I buy a fair few DVDs, but I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. Being short on time, I swallowed my pride, and asked a shop assistant. Just as I approached a guy to ask, I suddenly felt very apprehensive. What self-respecting 21 year old guy is going to buy a Cliff Richard CD?

Feeling like some seedy bloke, looking for the adult videos, I approached the shop guy for help. Feeling like I should be wearing a long trench coat, a hat, and some sun glasses, I asked him where I could find a Cliff Richard CD. He walked me over to the area, and feeling like a filthy depraved pervert, I picked out Cliff's jolly, if not slightly gay face. Then with a fair ammount shame, I approached the counter, and purchased this disgusting CD, trying desperately to cover up the front cover. I shoved the CD in my bag, and quickly exited the shop.

Having gone through that ordeal, I proceeded to Mum's work, to help her out with something. You'll never guess what was sitting on her desk next to her CDE player - the same bloody Cliff Richard CD that I had just got from HMV (well not the same one, but you know what I mean). There was Cliff's smug (and slightly camp) face looking back at me, taunting me. Now I have to go back to HMV, and get a refund. Oh, the embarressment...

No comments: