Sunday, March 09, 2008

Oh dear, another unremarkable week...

First off, I have to say that comments were rather sparse last week. Until 'Struddy' left a last minute comment today, FaceBook was the only comment. Wake up guys - FaceBook are going to start storming ahead with their comments! I know last week's post was pretty poor, but look at the material I have to workl with - my life!!!

And I am pleased to report that this week has been - dull. In fact, you can all stop reading here, nothing ammusing is going to happen. Go on, clear off the lot of you! Go and do some work - even that will be more entertaining than anything I've got to say.

What? Why are you still reading? Oh, alright, I'll carry on writing. Let me see...

Well, this was my first week with my new motorbike. Having had a great day on it on Sunday, and filled with optimism and confidence, I drove it to work. Not being terribly awake in the morning, I left the roundabout, and just opened the metaphorical taps. I worked up through the six gears, and I glance down at the speedometer. I've just left the roundabout, and I chuckle in shock. 70mph. I'd only just left the roundabout. On Tuesday evening, I went to TS Sturdy in Chichester. Not being 100% comfortable with riding that distance, I took Ernie. For some reason, Ernie seemed to be accelerating really slowly...

I'd love to say that I rode Eric (my bike) all week, but that would be a lie. For when I woke up on Wednesday morning, an amazing thing happened. I was ill. Again! It must be working with school children. This is the third time I've had to have a day of work. It drives me mad!!! I'm beginning to fear that my colleagues (and bosses) will think that I take regular 'sickies'. I crawled into work on Thursday, still as sick as a parrot. It seemed as though everyone was asking me one of two questions: 1 - are you feeling better (bless 'em, they're a caring lot) - no; 2 - did you come on the bike - no, I'm having balance problems, it didn't seem like a good idea.

Having said that, although I'm still not 100%, I am okay now, and I even went out on the bike over thge weekend. Just as I think I'm going to be getting back on the bike again, I fear that one hell of a storm is about to come through. As I'm still relatively new on the bike, I said that I would take the car if the weather looked like it was going to turn really ugly (yes, like me). I'm not a fairweather rider, but whilst I'm still getting back to grips with a bike, it just feels sensible. Sorry about that.

Lastly, before we all give up the will to live (and I still can't believe you're still reading - have you got nothing better to do?), I will just tell you that I have gained another qualification. I am now a National Smallbore Rifle Association (NSRA) YPS Air Rifle Instructor. Woohoo! I can now instruct young people how to assault a target with a deadly weapon... That sounds like just the sort of skill that children from Lancing need!

If you made it this far, why not leave a comment (so that I know there are people with sader lives than me).

If you made it this far, you may have lost the will to live. Remember - life goes one.

Quote of the week: 'You're always critising me' argued a student with his teacher, after the teacher has sujested some ways to improve the work. Duh - that's the teachers job you pillock! (that quote of the week may get me fired...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something good about leaving cars behind at roundabouts when riding a bike, but don't forget Ernie has feelings too..... and switch your spell checker ON, your spelling is awful!!!!!!!

Ian Jones

Ian said...

Sahib!

You said: "This is the third time I've had to have a day of work."

You've only had three days of work since you joined the school? Christ, I thought you'd finished being a skiving scumbag student ;-);-)