Sunday, April 01, 2007

I think I've read this somewhere before...

I need to start this week's blog with an important announcement! On April 3rd, we all celebrate the first anniversary of

CATCOUK.BLOGSPOT.COM

As a result of this, and talking with the government, I have secured all of my readers a very special present: everyone can have next Monday off (9th April). That's right, because you have read my blog (even though you may not have left any comments), you can have next Monday off work.

Anyway. On to the topic of this week's blog. Many of you know that I have had absolutly no material for my blog recently. And have I been graced for this - a blog to celebrate one year of itself? Yes (thank goodness...).

On Tuesday, I sat an exam at University. Now, for as long as I care to remember, I have taken exams, and I now have pretty tried and tested system: find some old exam papers, go through the questions, and answer around those questions. Because you never get the same question twice (well not exactly the same question). So, I found last year's paper, read it several times, answered the questions, and addresses the themes.

So I turned up for my Applied Meterology exam early Thursday morning. I have now been identified as a 'special person' by the University, so I now get to take my exams in the 'special room' with my fellow 'special students'. I've been diagnosed as discleksick... dysleksix... dislec... well you get the idea. So apologies for all the spelling miscakes of the past year...
I sit down in my 'special room', and open the paper. I read the first question in the paper, and think 'Hang on. That looks familiar.' I quickly read down the page... and the next page... and the next page... The whole exam paper, word for word (literally word for word - not just a close similar meaning) was exactly the same as last year (except two 2 mark questions plonked on at the end). Good job I read last year's paper...
After that little trip into the Twilight Zone, I phoned up my local towbar supplier and fitter. I finally got my Christmas present from last Christmas fitted to my car: a single electric towbar with bumper protector! Hooray.Have towbar, will travel. Check out that slick black PVC... oh yes.

When the man urned up to fit my towbar, I naturally offered him a cup of tea. I didn't realise what was involved with fitting a towbar, but I really hate seeing my car in seperate pieces. When I gave the man his tea, he had removed the light clusters, and was currently emptying the boot. After getting over the shock of seeing Ernie's back lights off (like seeing a good friend with a leg dangling off), I realised that the man needed to get underneath my spare wheel. Fortunatly, my boot was empty, but the spare wheel basin... well I like it well kitted.

As I gave the man his tea, he was emptying the area of ropes, jump leads, warning triangles, a tennis ball, a tarpaulin, and spare parts. Sorry. But matters got worse. About half an hour (with me well away from the window so that I couldn't see Ernie in pieces) Mum came in, and asked if he could work in the rain. This was because, as Mum put it, 'The sky out the back is a dark as a nigger's [we aren't racist, and I realise that this is an outdated term, but it is a quote of my unracist mother, using old world lingo]- The sky out the back is as dark as a nigger's a*sehole.' And sure enough, 5 minutes later, down came the hail. Alot of hail. I ended up backing the rear of my Car underneath the garage door, to give him some shelter.

With the new towbar fitted, and alot of hail on my roof (at least 2 inches), I inspected my present. Nice. And after just a few days, I had my towbar in use! By Sunday, I had secured a deal to help Mum take her youth group on a residential trip. With no luggage transport sorted, I offered my car, and said that if they had a trailer, I'd pull it. And pull it I have, and will tommorrow. I'm taking them there Monday, and will go back and pick them up on Thursday.
Could this be an advanced trailer for next weeks post (get the pun...)

Well that's it. A year has passed, and I have only wasted an hour every week writing this dribble. Hang on, that's more than two days... What have I been doing. Oh well let's be honest, I'm a sad git, and definatly have nothing better to do. See you next week (although I maybe a day late - and I'll tell you why next time).

If you think that this blog has gone on long enough, why not leave a comment telling me to stop now, while I've only wasted 2 days, 4 hours.

If you think that this blog is great, and should go on for another year, please send a cheque to me, and then write a comment (can't balme a guy for trying...).

Quote of the week: 'Damn, I wish I had a funny quote for this week.'

Song of the Month: 'Standing in the way of Control' by The Gossip.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Sahib

I've met your mum a couple of times over the past 12 months or so, she always struck me as being sweet and lovely....

...my word, how looks can be deceiving. Are you sure she was okay after getting attacked by the six-foot tall christmas light before xmas?

Anonymous said...

Hey ClarkeFace,

It's nice to know that you are finally out there on the pull..

GET IT!!!! HA HA HA

Robert "City Boy" Francis

Anonymous said...

There I was.. holding out all hope... and you failed me Andy! For last week you said "Because of this, I have started a new section at the bottom of the blog. The weekly excuse for not doing overtime." and was it there? No, it wasn't. I'm disappointed in you. Not only because of this lack of content but also because your facebook says you have agreed to do overtime!

Anyway, I'll end my rant there, I don't really think anything bad, you know I love my weekly reading material and never ever want it to end. And I don't care if eventually you find better ways to spend your time... you have to continue this on forever!

Hmm it seems I'm a "write a lot" mood today...

Anywho, despite already posting this on the catcouk appreciation group page I must say Happy Birthday to my dear catcouk :) and yes while you may have spent two days of your life writing it I think it has been very worthwhile!

Hmmmm and with that I will leave you be before I go off into some strange random rant about elephants and volcanoes - No I have no idea where that one came from either....

Anyway, I'm gona disappear

Hope you're well and stuffs :)

oh and by the way what is the correct pronounciation of catcouk? I've always said it in my head as cat co uk like three seperate words... but I realised hat might not be what it actually is meant to be.. it could be like cat cook or something.. anywaysss

I'm off tatas