Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Trailer, a Shoprider, a Roofrack, and anther Trailer...

Over the past few weeks, some of you may recall me harping on about my new towbar, and towing. Well good news everyone! I know have a trailer as well!!!

On Monday, I was given a trailer for FREE!! (Hurrah). Before you ask, no I didn't steal, it genuinely was given to me. But (as with all things for free), there is a little bit of work needed. And, as you've probably guessed, when I say a little, I mean ALOT. My Dad and I went and picked it up, and it was full of garden rubbish. We emptied the trailer of the rubbish, and realised there was some soil at the bottom. Unfortunatly, the trailer has wooden sides and a wooden floor. And wood and wet soil don't mix.


To get the rest of the soil out, we turned the trailer over. Just to make sure, I gave the bottom of the trailer a 'little tap' with my boot... and went straight through the floor. Oh dear... We towed the trailer to a garage that we rent, where we pulled the rest of the wood off. The wood towards the bottom of the trailer came away fairly easily, but that was the rotton stuff. The parts of the panels at the top were still amazingly strong.

3 hours of demolition later (and the trailer is only 2.5 foot by 4.5 foot) we were ready to drive home! Which posed yet more problems. Little did we realise how much strengther that rotten wood provided thge trailer. 6 miles later, and the trailer was bent. Unfortunatly, the metal work front to back was only made out of shelving corners. Rusty ones at that. But fortunatly, I carry miles and miles of rope. A few clever knots later, and we were finally able to make it home.


I was trying to think of some clever pun to do with splinters, and wood. But never mind. Nice rope work though...

The next day, my two best friends came over for what has become a 4 monthly visit. Because the three of us are all at different Universities, we don't meet up as often as I'd like, but hey-ho. When we do meet up though, we usually get up to some mad stuff, and this time was no exception. But because of improvements to technology, we can now video what we got up to.

After an afternoon of walking round some woods, shouting "MINTS!" (don't ask), Mum was delivered home in a van. She has her scooter in the garage again (it's always breaking), so to get around, she has borrowed a motability scooter (to get around the village). Of course, 1 motability scooter, plus three university students, and 2 cameras was going to lead to something interesting.



(Original video on YouTube in case you can't see it above)

Michael is a Media student, so knows a thing or two about videos, and slinged this on YouTube. Dominic is a Chemistry student, and after this video probably won't be taken that seriously again. So, for your viewing pleasure, here is Shoprider Antics!

By the end of the week, I was ready to launch my eagerly anticipated refurbished roofrack. As voted for by you, the loyal readers of CATCOUK, I have painted my 1960s Ford Transit roofrack black (like the Camel Trophy wagons). Unfortuntaly, I'm an idiot, and forgot to take a picture. Next time around, I promise I'll put photos up.

Lastly, I'd like to link this week's post altogether. We started with a trailer, and I'm going to finish with a trailer - but not the same type. Last week, someone left a comment asking me how I would survive now that 'Life On Mars' has finished. Funny you should ask Rob. Next week, I am (hopefully) going mountaineering in Snowdonia, so I won't be posting next week. But instead, we have a special coming up for all of you. And since I discovered Windows Movie Maker, I have prepared a video trailer for you all.


(Original video on YouTube, in case you can't see it above)

Hope you like next week's post, and I'll be back in two weeks.

If you disliked the number of videos in this week's blog, why not leave a comment starting you message with 'I know you won't care, but....'.

If you are looking forward to next week's video, why not leave a comment telling me how much you miss Life On Mars.

Quote of the Week: 'Hairy Japanese...' said Dominic menacingly into my brand new camera.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Film trailer looks almost as funny as your colourful shirt from Friday night mate. Where did you buy that anyway, I want one!

Love and spadgers (results of a cross breed between a sparrow and a badger, now there's a youtube video if ever I saw one....)

Abdulla

Anonymous said...

I cant wait till next week....

Anonymous said...

Chuffing Brilliant, is all I can say, lol.

Wait for the Behind the Scenes footage!

Partario