Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hot Shots: Part Deux!

...Last time on CATCOUK...

Read the last article, it's only just down the page one item! BEWARE: This is the second part of a two part post. If you don't read the first part, you might not understand the first part.


So, picking up, where I left off, I am standing in the middle of the student bar, wearing nothing but a smile. Of course the students are far more interested in the donkey, and the chocolate fountain (which by this point was over flowing). I had my glass of dish water, and was being challenged to a down in one. See, I told you to read the first half first.

For those of you that actually have read part one, you'll know that all of the above is a load of old nonsense. I have just sung Angels at the Karioke, and (according to my friends [probably drunk]) I may have even sung it well. I would like to have lived up the hipe a bit more, but I had to dash out the bar to move the car. I hadn't yet paid the car parking permit price (an unbelievable £20 increase on last year [£30]), so I parked my car outside the library in the 30min short stay park. Every 30 minutes I dashed outside to move the car around the car park, and back to a different bay. Although it's no return within 3 hours, I parked in a different bay each time, so I guessed there was safe...

5 of my Uni friends decide to go on to Thursdays (Chichester's only 'Night Club' - if it can be accused of that). There were also a load of Holly's friends (whose 21st birthday we were celebrating) and housemates. Unfortunatly, I had just bourght a pint of Cola (THINK don't drink and drive...), and being as strapped for cash as I was (£7 to live off for the week), I wasn't going to waste it. Apologies to the Zee Bar for nicking a pint glass.

When I rolled up at Thursdays (having transported my pint glass thge whole way), the glass was straight in my hand, and I was drinking out of it, whilst locking the car. In the bad light, I must have looked like a right alcoholic. Well, what would you think? Two blokes roll up to a night club in an old (classic) car, and the driver has a pint glass in his hand, already half empty...

It then strikes me (and my friend Ade), that I can't take the glass inside! So I quickly down my cola, and hand the glass to one of the bouncers. "Cheers mate..." Well, I didn't want broken glass on the floor. Once again, apologies to the Zee Bar - I guess you won't be getting that glass back...

Now, please bear in mind that I have very little money. The fee to get into the club is £3 until 11.15, and then £3.50 after 11.15pm. Imagine my relief when I got to the front desk at 11.13! May I just take a moment to explain a few things. I don't drink, and I really can't dance (no - really). In my observation, all you can do in a Night Club is drink and dance. So one has to ask - WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A NIGHT CLUB!!! To be honest, I hate the things. All I like to do of an evening, is sit down, drink some cold coke, and chat. You simply can't talk over the boomin sound systems in clubs.

So may I just say that Thursdays has to be the best Night Club ever in the history of Andy - Ever! They have the normal dance floor (for normal students), a shots bar (again for alcholic [so normal] students), AND a massive garden with seats. As if that wasn't good enough (I love sitting outside), they also have a BBQ!!!! Almost my dream place (the fact that I had people smoking over me all evening was the only turn off).

Anyways, to try and answer some of the questions that I left last time:

Will Holly have a good 21st?
If drunkeness is any indicator of having a good time, the Holly must have had the time of her life! She could barely stand up straight! I'm sure you'd disagree Hols, but I was there (and I had a clear head). Also, when we got back to her house, we had to go and have a bounce on her trampolibe (by which point, she was pronouncing tram-ampoline...). She was still very good (far better than me), and she was doing some impressive things, but as it was so wet, she decked out of the tram-ampoline more than once. She asked in the morning if she'd been on it, and I told her. She said that probably explained those weird bruises...

Will Batman (my friend whose real name is Simon) poo his pants?
That afternoon, Batman had had a particularly dodgy chicken kebab. Understandably he got the Delhi Belly! He decided to go home about 1am, and managed to avoid pooing his pants. (Well that's what he tells us any way)

Will anyone get home before 6am?
Yes, to the best of my knowledge, we all were. (Holly tells me she eventually put her head down at 0545!) Good news, seeing as we all (Advebture Ed) had a 9 am lecture - which we all made it too.

Will I get lucky with some lovely young girl, and cure my problem?
I'm not one to kiss and tell, but let's just say that my disco tune is stll Madonna - "Like a Virgin.." To be honest, even if I had met someone, I just wanted to sleep by the time I got to Holly's couch. I was cream-crackered!

Will I get offered a contract with EMI to duet with Robbie Williams (following my Karioke success)?
Well what do you think? Would I still be wasting everyone's time with this blog if I had that sort of money? Do you think if that was the case, I'd have any women troubles?

That covers all of that. Overall, it was a great evening. I got to see Holly trying to chat up some bloke (although I don't know if she remembers it). I tell you - if you want some good entertainment, get Holly drunk, and then watch her chat up a bloke! What was the first quetion she asked? What car do you drive...

I also couldn't finish this blog, with saying a big thank you to Holly (have I mentioned your name enough?). Although it wasn't until 3.30am that my head eventually hit her couch, she was a very good host. I also extend the thanks to her house mates, for putting up with me. Holly - you were as funny as drunk (when we got home she couldn't stop making sure I was alright - not wanting to be a bad host). She kept offering me a drink, or some food. Anything I needed. To be honest, all I wanted was sleep. I know I've taken the mick, but the hospitality was appreciated. Lots of love.

And to finish the blog, I want to tell you of the 'morning after' events. I was up at 8am, and the house was dead. I carefully crept down the hall, and into the bathroom. I switched on the light, carefully and quietly, and started to wash. Then an almightly loud hum came from the extractor fan (I almost had a heart attack). It wasn't THAT loud, it just seemed loud. Ot then got to 0835, and Holly still wasn't up, so I woke her up. She was still very drunk, but the Diet Coke kept her going. We drove to Uni, and were just in time for lectures!!! Success.

If you think I'm a boring old git, and need to get a life (starting with no longer writing this blog), why not leave a comment telling me to get drunk!
If you are an eligabe attractive young lady (not too young obviously), and think you can help me out, leave me a message entitled - GET YOUR COAT, YOU'VE PULLED!
If you think I'm okay, and understand that I have no life, and that's why I write my blog, why not leave a comment telling me not to drink anything, and write this blog, wired up to a drip in the Hospital!

2 comments:

Ian said...

GET YOUR COAT, YOU'VE PULLED!

Anonymous said...

With out doubt the best two posts I have read. Top stuff.... bless Holly for putting you up on her couch lol....