Sunday, December 09, 2007

Guess who's back...

Firstly, if you can't guess who, then you really should consider why you are reading this. Guests always welcome...

Apologies for last week. But hey, that happens...

I would like to start this week's post off by shamelessly promoting a new project that I am working on, by enticing you to see something ammusing. I am currently working on a brand new national website for the Nautical Training Corps (NTC - Current Website). Because the Corps is, quite frankly, useless when it comes to responsing to requests, I have made a political statement on the new design. I haven't used any pictures, because I want people from accross the organisation to send me stuff. In the place of normal photos, I made my own picture. Somewhat changes the feel of the website wouldn't you say?
The 2008 Project: www.ntc.org.uk/HTML

Please check it out, and give me some feedback. I want this to be the easiest website to use! Whilst you're there, check out my picture...

So far, I should add, the response from the Corps has been good. I have had responses from: Intrepid (mu unit, suprise suprise), Implacable, Attentive, Hood, Lion, and Sturdy (about to be sent). Thanks to everyone that has replied thus far...

Two weeks ago, I presented you all with a brand new style of blogging - the PLOG! I have to say, the response to it was staggering. I have had literally no messages telling what a good idea it was. This isn't some sarcastic fish for comments, I just wanted to say that I have achieved a 'Top Gear' - I aimed high, and failed. I think that could be the first recorded use of 'Top Gear' as a noun in that sense.

Yes, it was another unremarkable week this week, which kind of makes writing a post difficult. Thursday night was another pub meet with my friend Michael. I found out that he's finished at University for the year. Don't these university students do any work anymore? I mean I'll still be working until Friday 21st December this year!
Which brings me to a sad point actually. I only have a few more weeks of work at Chesswood Middle School, until (if I get it sorted out) I have to move onto my third and final university placement. I am really sad to be moving on, as I have had a great time at the school (as I always do), and I will really miss it.
That links me nicely to a school trip I went on on Friday. Well, not really a trip, but I don't really know how to describe it. On Thursday, the deputy head (who is a legend), Dennis saw my and asked if I could take some children to the local church for, and I quote: 'Something to do with Christmas trees.' Armed with, what many people could consider too much information, I walked the three children down to St. Georges Church.
Normally I happily advertise charitable events that I know about. Unfortunatly, it's too late now, as it finished on Sunday. We arrived at the Church for a Christmas Tree festival, and it turns out that the kids had designed and made a load of decorations, and decorated a plastic tree. I know what you're all thinking, a load of childish, poorly made decorations. So was I. What I found was BRILLIANT! I honestly felt that it was the best tree, and not just because I work at Chesswood. The kids had made loads of small school jumpers, a large star for each class, with the class name on, another load of stars with each school trip they'd been on (and they're Year 7 - so that'd nearly every school trip), enough cut out men/ kids (you know, the paper chain kind) to represent every child in the school, and to cap it off - the Head Teacher was the fairy/ angel. Brilliant. So, if you posesses a vehicle capable of travelling back in time (maybe it has a flux capacitor, and the capacity to make 1.21 JigaWatts of power) why not visit the festival, and vote for us!
Our shining star - Our head teacher. I daren't use his name, in case someone important is looking him up...
Friday was also the last day for two of our training teachers (before going back to Uni). They were really good, and we shall miss them. To give them something to remember us by, we gave them both a photo album. Whilst Tracy (one of my colleagues) went around with her camera she took the photo below. This photo then made it onto the school's plasma TV Screen in reception that represents all that the school does. Marvellous...
Welcome to Chesswood Middle School - always thinking about your children (when we're not thinking about cake...)
And that brings us to the end of this post, and to the end of my evening. Before I retire to my bed, I have just enough time to remind you to check out www.ntc.org.uk/HTML to give me some feedback on the new NTC website!

If you haven't checked out the new NTC website, why not click here, check it out, and give me some feedback.

If you have checked out the new NTC website, leave some feedback. Please!
Quote of the Week: 'I have broken out - the emergency tie.' Said I, having put on my emergency that I keep in my car, realising that I had to meet the Worthing Town Mayor at the Christman Tree Festival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, thought some of the artwork slightly dodgy however liked the background did'nt see your photo though, this could be a bonus as it saved my keyboard from drool!!!!
On a more serious note thought your plog was a stroke of genius feel bad for not saying so sooner.
Hope that's cheered you up somewhat you're scary when you get a toot on!

Anonymous said...

Broken up already, I'm not dossing at all!!!! Don't give me the no work nonsense!

Wish I could go back to posing and eating cake ;) haha

Partario Basin