Sunday, December 30, 2007

And now, a word from our readers...

Hello all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (depending on when you're reading...). I've always thought of this time as some sort of bizarre, yet relaxed limbo between Christmas and New Year. As such, and as promised, this is a rather relaxed blog for me to write. I'm going to answer the comments left over the last few weeks, which means that I don't have to worry about being original...

Siobhan from Worthing writes...

You just made my Christmas =D
Not only does my laptop now make sound I had your 'pleasant' singing to listen to ;)
Happy Christmas =)

Reply As already stated, Merry Christmas, and I am pleased that I was able to make it for you, although I think it's really got something to do with Father Christmas, and his son Jesus... And I would like to know what you are trying to say by writing pleasant in speech marks - what do you mean, huh?

Anne Onymous from Outer Mongolia comments...

"I'm far too busy anyway" Pah! What a pathetic excuse, try this,when you see someone you really like go and steal a kiss it's the perfect time of year as long as you can produce some mistletoe you shouldn't get into too much trouble. If they look like they might slap you smile that lovely smile, if that fails to save your a*** RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Reply I'm sure this was a well meaning comment, but clearly Anne does not realise the sort of people that I hang around. This Christmas, I have been mainly at home (I'm not from Norfolk, so I'm not really in to that sort of thing...), or at various Christmas parties (where the person nearest my age was 18 [all sounds good] except he's MALE! the nearst aged female is late twenties and slightly pregnant). So kind of wasted advice there, but thanks anyway. And what does a*** mean? Arms perhaps...?

Rob from Crawley asks...

Hey ClarkeFace,
Howz life going? - Stupid question as you have just written about it.
Let me know your schedule for the next few weeks, as your have to come and check out my Crawley Penthouse.

Reply Yes, that was a stupid question - what else could you possibly want to know about my life? And I can't speak to you, because I'm already coming up to see your Crawley Penthouse, even though you didn't know about it. No I wasn't going to break in, but your Mum has invited me up for a suprise on your Birthday. And by know, you know exactly what that suprise was. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Siobhan still from Worthing announces...

Aha you do live! I was beginning to get worried...
My work computer seems to have had a rather large misbehaviour and has been pretending you haven't updated your blog for weeks... which apparently isn't true
Glad to see you're still with us :)
And Christmas sucks, thats just the way it is!!

Reply Someone else, clearly sharing in my festive mood. Bad mood that is. Yes I am still here. Romours of my death have been greaty exaggerated (or a quote similar to that anyway...). And good to see someone reading my blog instead of keeping the country's industry going (or in your case, keeping our floods at bay...)

Lashings of Custard (also known as Bev) from Worthing said...

You forgot to kiss it and say a prayer... the radio if you hit something you have to do the other two, works every time well maybe not.
Re your lovelife how about an older woman? you must be surrounded by them and you never know a bit of illicit snogging may just brighten their day! Just a thought.
One more thing why don't you comment on your comments, how do we know if we made you laugh or cry?

Reply Both laugh AND cry normally. What is it with people suggesting older women at the moment? Just how old do y'all think I am? Is it wrong for me to be looking for a young lady aged 18-22 (although I'm only getting older, so I guess my ideal age range is too...)? Is it me that's weird, or all of you lot? Lastly, kissing still doesn't work, and I'm all out of God points - I haven't visited a Church for quite some time.

Well thanks for not leaving many comments, and giving me a lovely realxed evening watching Channel 4's Big Fat Quiz of the Year. Have a good New Year all, and I'll be at a flat party of my friend Michael and his girlfriend Amy. See you there/ thanks for a good evening (depending of when you read this, should you choose to...)

If your New Year's resolution will be to never read this load of old rubbish again, why not leave a comment saying goodbye...

If your New Year's resolution is to forever read this blog, why not leave a message saying that you either have no life, or have a very dull job...

Quote of the Week: 'Was there a car chase?' asked a very tired mother of mine (there's only one Moo), as she inquired whether my new 5.1 Stereo Surround Sound system was the source of all the noise at midnight. It was.

No comments: