Monday, June 04, 2007

So long, farewell

Well boys and girls, this could be it. After 14 months, 73 posts, and goodness only knows how many words (more than is sensible to read all at once anyway), this could be the end of CATCOUK. On Thursday of this week, I fly out to America for three months, only to return on the 22nd August.

It is my intention of course to keep writing the blog whilst I'm over the pond, but who knows whether I'll be back. We'll just have to wait and see.

As it turns out, this week's post is one full of goodbyes. This was the week that I said some last goodbyes to my friends at Uni. We are all off around the world to do our 'placement year' module, so we won't see each other now for another 16 months or there abouts.

Some of them may never be seen again! Not because anything ominous will happen to them, but because they will just never come back to Uni (can't face the work). XP, if you're reading this, you'd better get your ass back to Uni in September '08, or so help me! These people will of course get added to what I call, the list of the fallen. When we started our course, we had 34 students. I think we are now at 29... It's not like we're on a rocket science course is it?

To any and all of my friends at Uni that are reading this, I am sure going to miss you all. Take care, and keep yourselves save on placements, and stay in touch on FaceBook!

This was also the week that I said goodbye to most of the people at NTC (the Nautical Training Corps and TS Intrepid). We don't need to worry too much though. I'm taking my laptop with me, and providing I have the internet out there, I'll still be taking care of paperwork. I sure am committed... what a pillock.

For any of my NTC people out there reading, please don't do anything daft whilst I'm away. And for goodness sake, don't loose our 26 cadets... (well, you can loose a few of them if you like)

Lastly, and the reason why this post is late, I met up with my best friends Michael and Dominic last night. We met up (well Michael and I) at 7 o'clock, straight after a days kayaking with theb kids from NTC. And man was my back sore. Eventually Dominic rolled up around 7.30, and we were good to go. A few rounds at the Crown and Anchor first, and then we stocked up from the Co-op, and went and sat/ laid on the beach.

After suspecting that smugglers were signalling us, and seeing the frosty snowman face in the dark clouds (yeah, I was very tired, and they were both on the sauce), we decided to go cruising in Ernie. We went all over, Bramber Castle, Steyning Bowl, a very cold Splash Point, and lastly to Mill Hill, after being unable to a single Kebab and Burger joint. Not even Subway was open!

I eventually rolled in some time after 2 this morning, and my Kayak is still tied to my roofrack. And yes, I am absolutly nackered. Cheers guys. Have a great summer, and I'll see thee when we drive down to Southampton to annoy Dominic when I get back. Take care.

Lastly, I say a possible goodbye to all of you. Next week, Michael will be taking the helm (to let me get settled in the US), and after that, all being well, I should return. Before I go though, I want all of you to help me. Facing the possibility of this being the last ever CATCOUK, I want to get as many comments on this post as possible. Whether you have read this blog for months, or you're still new, leave a comment. Leave two comments. Even if you have nothing to say, say that you have nothing to say, and LEAVE A COMMENT. I think it's possible if we really try, we can get over 40 comments. So come on guys, help me out.

Well, hopefully, I'll see you all in two weeks. But if I don't, take care, and thanks for reading.

If you're a human being, why not leave a comment, telling me so.

If you're not a human being, why not leave a comment, telling me what you are.

Quote of the Week: 'Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy Yum Yum. Please take me from, the restaurant' said the bizarre lyrics of some even more bizarre song late night, on BBC International Radio 1.

Song of the Month: Breakfast in America. Supertramp (1979). The Gym Class Heroes' (Cupid's Chokehold) mix is good, but you can't beat a bit of classical class...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ClarkeFace,

Have a good time across the water. Your have to post pictures of ur epic adventure on the blog.

Robert

Anonymous said...

No commments? Well well... I should fix that me thinks :) Especially after your blatant begging for them! BUT also because you've been faithfully providing me with weekly entertainment for those moments I'm bored at work (the very few of them that there are of course....) and I'm sure I'll miss it! and you of course... of course I'll miss you :)

So you better come back... the journey across the big pond is much less hazardous nowadays so no excuses not to! Unless you become far too attached to America than is necessary.. or like everyone else that I've known who's gone to America for more than three months and end up falling in love with someone... Who knows, maybe the American girls will fall for your English accent ;)

I'm rambling and not making much sense - no change there!

Anyway as for never having to see people again, you ain't escaping me.... you're not lucky enough!!

And I'm human, just about.. I think, I haven't actually had that one tested for certain though... Maybe they should do that

Right I guess I should get back to some real work :( Environmental Impact Assessments.... I have a strong disliking for that subject now :/ pah

So yes, enjoy your time in that foreign land, have fun, stay safe and most importantly... Keep out of trouble! oh and beware of the immigration people, they kept one of my friends and interrogated her for hours!

Ok I'm off...

Toodle pips

Oh and I'll definitely beat you at the poking now =P

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in america u jammy sod gettin out of founders day Cya

Anonymous said...

I'm new but have enjoyed your blogging - have fun in the US of A!
PS - I'm only half human - the other half's questionable!

Anonymous said...

Who is Rodrigo?! People leaving you foreign messages now? You're spreading the catcouk love across the world! (I'm guessing they liked it from the word interessante - can't be naffed to go translating - and didn't click the links either...)

But I think they want you to get sober! tehe

Anonymous said...

Un...yeh what Si said lol. Will miss you and your ramblings, ta for keeping me entertained for...well...ages I guess.
You must keep in touch, I expect many a postcard and I have a list of things that I want from the US of A, haha j/k!
Anyways, take care and we all want you in one piece when you get back!Enjoy yourself mucho my friend!
TTFN
B xx

Btw, whats happening to Ernie whilst you are with the Yanks?

MRG said...

What can I say, It was a chuffing fantastic night the other day, I still have some of dom's beers left.

Had a great momment of sliding down a massive bank at bramber castle on my ass. Good fun!

Will miss you whilst you are away, have fun and see you soon sir.

I will take care of this ship.

Mwhahahaha

Partario Basin

Anonymous said...

Bloody Computers, the last 'UK' blog and I nearly missed it !

Can't believe I have been reading this every Monday for 14 Months !
Guess I'll have to do some work now.

Thanks for all the hours of entertainment, particularly in the video / radio efforts !

Have a great trip,look forward to hearing all about it soon

Anonymous said...

Thank god your stopping this 'blog' thing, Paul might actually do some work on Mondays now.

Regards

Pauls Boss

Ian said...

I know I'm a bit late (moving house and all that), just wanted to add my voice to the masses - have a great trip.

The camels are unconsolable. I may have to eat them for dinner.

Cheers mate

Abdulla

Anonymous said...

howdy!! my little earthling friend, i hope the us is fun!! have they said any dumb stupid american things to u yet?! see ya soon xxx