Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In answer to a blog comment...

I haven't posted anything on my blog for ages and ages (mainly because I told you all that I won't be writing regularly any more), but I do still check for comments every now and then. Amazingly, I checked today, and there was a comment. So pleased was I that someone had written something, I felt the need, as a decent human being, to reply.

Well PHOTOKrAzY.com, the salary of my teaching assistant job is shi- not very good. But then it is only 30 huors a week, so what do you expect. I probably wouldn't do a TV show (well, other than the odd YouTube rubbish) because, as I think we can all agree, I have the perfect face only for radio. However, somewhere in the deep dark archives of my blog somewhere, I did do a one-off special breakfast radio show. Maybe I'll dig it out, and see if I can find somewhere to post it again for posterity.

No more YouTube vids so far, but watch out for the 2009 TS Intrepid Band display coming soon!

The dollar (and I'm asssuming US) to pound sterling ratio is a bit of a sore point. When I was out in America, I could proudly state that it was roughly $2US to £1. However, it appears that Gordon Brown, and the disciples of beelzebub (otherwise known as bankers) have broken our monetry system, and I imagine that a simple quid (that's £1) is probably worthing nothing more than a few buttons, and a mint.

But I like to consider myself thorough, so the exchange rate on the 18th November 2009 is £1 to $1.67 and some odd bits. Not actually as bad as I thought then. That's quite a few buttons then.

And on that happy, and slightly optimistic "maybe the banks not broken as bad as we thought" note, it's time to leave. So happy am I at getting a comment, maybe I'll even write a proper post on Sunday (don't count on it though - Top Gear's on...)

4 comments:

Siobhan said...

YAY! Good to know you're still alive and haven't lost the ability to type! You really oughta post more, I don't have anyone like you over here :(
Miss you!

struddy said...

You pay the postage and we will pack him up and send him Siobhan. You know that I am only joking Clarkey, who else would keep us all safe otherwise.

Andy

Siobhan said...

the postage may be a little high! But i have to ask, is that Andy Strudwick? As in the man who works at the EA?
and by the way Andy, I'm still awaiting another post :P

Siobhan said...

:( no posts for months :(