Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another slow news week was it?

Just like a small child, with all of the hipe now building up in the shops, I am getting ever so slightly excited over a little event coming up, known to many, as Christmas. So for the next few weeks, I'll give you my official CATCOUK countdown to Christmas.

From today (Sunday when this was written) you have only 41 shopping days left to Christmas (unless you live in Lancing, in whuch case you have only 41 shoplifting days to Christmas).

As I'm sure the most observant of you will have noticed, it has been another slow week in my world. So for a vague attempt at humour, I'm going to throw together some completely unrelated stuff, in the hopes that you will come back next week. Oh well, I'm trying...

To start with, I have to tell you that I have endured a terrible cold all week. Just like Chris Moyles, I know that when I'm ill, it is a National Tradegy. So fear not, for I have now fully recovered, but not before struggling through a horrible cold. It was one of those colds where you woke up with absolutly no energy whatsoever. I litterally had just enough energy to get out of bed, drive to Uni, sleep through lectures, drive home (whilst sleeping), and then go to bed (again to sleep, rather than with someone else...).

But even with my plague, I struggled on, and still went to University, and still went to work. Although why on Earth I made an effort to go to Sainsbury's I'll never know... (guessed I must have been ill - oh I was). Just like I always say: 5 minutes early is on time, on time is late. Although what that has to do with being ill I don't know.

The band has started learning Christmas tunes this week, ready for a Christmas lights thing in Chichester. An officer from the Chichester unit (TS Sturdy) has sent us all the music he wants us to play (as it's his event). The officer is question who shall remain nameless (evening Graham by the way) has given us EIGHT tunes to learn from scratch in three band nights. Hard times ahead I feel.

But we had a bash at them on Monday (bash being the operative word). I swear Graham, I'm going to nut you for unleashing the horrors of 'Little Donkey' upon us. Ironically, it's also the only tune that the whole band can play... If I hear that tune again, I'm going to have to drive my car clear over a cliff. The drumming to it is impossible. Anything that we've tried just sounds really messy. ARGHHH!

Finally, (to make up for the series of long blogs lately) I would like to thank everyone that has offered me support this week. Not wanting to hide anything from my faithful readers, so I'll tell you as well, my parents are splitting up. So thank you everyone that has been there for me. This post is dedicated to all of you. Offers have gone from 'you know my number' to 'I'll cook you dinner', and one friend even offered me a bed (well her settee anyway).

To try and avoid ending on a bum note, some of you may remember that our Marching Band recently did amazingly well. If you'd like to see why we did so well (or just see me in funny clothes playing a drum), you can now watch a video of our routine on YouTube! So that you all appreciate the effort involved, I spent over an hour editing that movie. It's not an epic, like Gandhi, or Borat: Cultural Learnings of America Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, but it is award winning... Sorry, multi-award winning! Thanks to the people at the University's Media Centre (whose patience must have been tried - what I know about media fits nicely onto the head of a very small pin). If you like the film, please leave a comment, and a 5 star rating. Mainly so that the young people in my group know how well they did...

If you think yet again, I've wasted your time with this dribble, and I really should work harder at getting decent news stories, why not leave a comment telling me I'm a slacker.

If (by some miracle) you enjoyed this week's post, why not leave a comment telling me that you don't get out much (even less than me - and that would be a feat!).

(PS - I won't mention Graham's name in this post, as I don't want any backlash to Graham for the torture that is small children trying to play 'Little Donkey'. Afterall, Graham didn't write the devil's own carol, no that came from Beelzebub's own satanic fart... Graham just chose the carol, so we shouldn't hold it against Graham. So for goodness sake, don't mentions Graham's name - got it?)

1 comment:

Ian said...

I share your feelings about the dire ditty that is Little Donkey. It is truly the most annoying Christmas Carol ever on record.

The really annoying thing about this time of year is no sooner have we learnt to play them, then Christmas is usually over before we realise it.

Keep your chin up mate.

Abdulla and the Camels