Sunday, May 31, 2009

That's a scary thought...

I'd like to start off by saying that I have completely recovered from camp last week - but I can't lie. I'm still knackerd. On the plus side, our videography project has come together nicely. There is a preview version available on YouTube, but please don't watch it unless you want to give us some critical feedback. The final cut will be available next week...

On the subject of videography, I have had immense fun this week with it. The whole experience has been a relaxed one, and a real enjoyable experience. But this week, I had to start seriously putting a soundtrack to the video. The soundtrack woudl have to be pretty damn good too, because the story of the film is so flimsy, a wet paperbag looks strong by comparison! But thankfully, Kat did find an amazing piece of dramatic orchestral music to use. And even better than that, the music was available in several different versions. I could bring in the percussion track to add more power when it was needed. Ahh, a true masterpiece if I do say so myself.

Look out for that next week.

As you may have noticed (if you live near me), the weather this weekend has been amazing! And for once, I have used that weather properly. Yesterday evening, I joined one of my friends in Brighton for an evening BBQ, to celebrate some new housemates that she has. It was a good little evening, but spoilt somewhat by one of her previous housemates. Due to some 'personal issues', she decided to take a dislike to me (by saying personal issues I am being diplomatic, and not stating the real reasons for her apparent psychosis). Shame that it ended that way, because it had been a great evening up to that point. After the BBQ qas dealt with, I felt it best to make a tactful departure.

Today (Sunday) I joined my friend Graham, and his wonderful NTC cadets from TS Sturdy, and we went on a little hiking trip, as part of their Duke of Edinburgh's Award training. I haven't done any proper D of E work for years, and it was great to get back into that saddle. Really good bunch of cadets too, that showed alot of promise. Regardless, it was a beautiful way to spend the day, in the glorious weather. Good walk, good scenery, good friends. What more could you want?

Only a short post this week, because I feel that you should stop reading, and go out and enjoy the weather. That comment doesn't work if you are either:
A - reading this late in the week (which is your fault), and the weather has turned, or
B - somewhere else other than beautiful Sussex (which is still your fault).

To end, I would like to refer to the title of this week's post. Mum went on holiday to Tenerife on Friday (yes, leaving the Clarke men to fend for themselves). As she was leaving, I wished her a happy holiday, and jokingly said: 'The next time you see me [next Saturday], I won't be a student anymore... just unemployed [said with a confused look]'. Until I said that, the reality of my situation hadn't really hit home. I should probably go out and find a job, huh?

Quote of the week: 'What do you think you were doing?' the old geezer asked me, as he got out og his car, after bumping into the back og Holly's car. The reason this is the quote, is because I had to reply 'Firstly sir, I was the passenger, and secondly, you hit us!' Silly old fart. Still his car had many scratches, and Holly's car had none - all good then (and yes, he was at fault).

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yes yes! I love the quote, you should have posted up the foto of his numberplate so everyoe can give him abuse when they see him! What a muppet, still makes me mad now...grrrrr! x