Sunday, April 27, 2008

On time, on the internet, on the road, on the phone, on my last legs...

Well, despite being on my last legs, after a knackering weekend of camping with my NTC unit, TS Intrepid, and TS Sturdy, this post has arrived! For the first time in weeks. Hurrah!

Unfortunatly, it has been a particularly slow news week. After last weekends 'issues' (still unmentionable through legal reasons), I have been wollowing in a pool of my own pitty. As a result, I didn't get done, half the stuff I had on my list. As a result, I hit Friday on the ground running. The day we are going campingm and I had a load of jobs that I wanted and needed to get done, but I had left nearly all of them for today. Bugger.

So, on Friday, after watching yet more TV (depression does awful things to you - why did I watch TV, even with that much to do?), I needed to make some frames for the Archery targets, buy a new whistle, pack, sort my tent out, sort my trailer out, sort the stuff that is needed for camp out of the NTC lockup, and all before (Vatican City) 3.30 when I need to leave and pick upu my group of cadets that make up my advanced party.

Needless to say, as superhuman as I'm not, it didn't all get done. With some help from my brother, we knocked up the Archery target frames (and they worked out amazingly brilliantly!). I got the whistle on the way to pick up the cadets, got the trailer, and went to the NTC lockup. You'll notice several important things missing.

I left camp late Friday evening to pack (on the way to pick up the Chinese for the staff). As a result, I left things behind. Which meant another late night trip back home. Even then, I forgot to pickup the arrows for the archery. Of course, things had been left at the NTC lockup (although that was the result of a mis-communication between the boss and I), so that meant an early morning trip back to Lancing. Splendid.

After that, the camp went swimmingly well (especially when it rained on Sunday - geddit?). So, sorry to my fellow officers and cadets for not being organised. We blagged it through. Everyone was safe, the weekend worked out fine, and only I was totally stuffed.

With that feable, but on time post, I bid you farewell. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

If you're not going to bed, why not leave a comment saying so.


If you're going to bed, why not leave a comment saying so (and if you are young, female and attractive, why not tell us what you are wearing).

Quote of the Week: '...or I'll deck you!' It kind of became the officer's phrase of the weekend (in a light hearted manner). Well, light hearted until Robin did deck Graham, by turning his chair over. It was funny though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See what you have learnt over the years from the master. Planning out the window,just turn up, every thing runs smoothly and the kids have no idea !!
I had a great time, and I am sure that the kids did to (after all thats why we do it !!!) Just sorry I had to leave before it rained.

Make sure next weeks blog is on time "or i'll deck you !!!"

PT

Anonymous said...

Im not going to bed! But I am a young attractive girl and im currently wearing jeans and a hoodie! Does that suffice?!
xxx