Monday, February 18, 2008

How could I forget?

It was Sunday night last night, and I forgot. After a long after noon or paperwork, and an evening of shuffleboard in Chichester with TS Sturdy, I was just about ready to settle down to my book, and some sleep. Completely forgetting that I hadn't written anything for this week's blog! How could I...?

I have to start this week's blog with the events of Monday evening. After band practice, I was dropping one of our junior officers off home, with another of our officer who I was taking back to Littlehampton. When I stopped to kick Hannah out of the car, she pointed out her neighbour's skip, which had a wind surf board sitting on top of it.

I told her to grab one end of the board, whilst I grabbed the other. Then we dashed as quickly and as quietly as we could up the road (so the house owners wouldn't see us). I then ran back for my car, and drove up to the board. As quickly as I could, I started securing the board to my roofrack. Just as I was completing the last knot, a burley silhouette came from the house.

Being iun Lancing, and fearing the wosrt, I bundled Louise back into the car, said bye to Hannah, and jumped in to Ernie. I was just about to turn the ignition over when...

"Stop!" said Hannah.

"What?" I replied (a little nervously).

"The man says... do you want the poles?"

We couldn't believe it! We retrieved the poles from the older gentlemen's garage (not burley at all). I apologised for our subterfuge, and thanked him for his donation. So the NTC now has a windsurf board (no sails though...). Not that that matters though, we haven't a qualified windsurf instructor...

With that bit of excitement, everything else this week seems pretty mundane. Normal week in school. Although from Wednesday to Friday, we had 'Enable Me' in. They're a disabilty awareness group, and the kids really enjoyed the experience (lots of playing about in wheelchairs...). At the end of the week, I noticed a queue of kids waiting to get one of the guys autographs. Swasie I think his name is, had lost a leg, but that hadn't really stopped him. He and his wheelchair had got to some incredible places!

Saturday was the NTC's fun auction. Another cracking evening of entertainment. But I have to say, not only do we have a great group of kids at the moment, we also have some brilliant parents. In recent years, we've really been used like cheap child care on a Friday evening. But lots of our parents are really keen, and taking as interest. A huge thank you to all of our supporters - we really couldn't carry on without you.

So now it's Monday morning, and I imagine you're wondering why I'm not at work. Well boys and girls, two wonderful words - Half and Term. So all this week, I going to enjoy a week off work. Dad asked me this morning what my aims for the week are. I told him 'just to chill'. With the busy few weeks I've had, I don't feel in the least guilty.

Take care all.

If you're disgusted that this post was nearly forgotten, why not leave a comment telling us all of how often you write a blog.

If you're just pleased to have a post to read, why not leave a comment to encourage me for next week.

Quote of the Week: 'Do you want the poles?' said the man. It was hilarious.



1 comment:

Siobhan said...

I was most disgusted. After a hard days work (By hard I mean quite boring..) I was quite looking forward to reading my monday lunchtime's entertainment but no... It wasn't there. You hurt my soul Andy, you hurt my soul!

But in all seriousness, I'm glad you managed to get yourself in gear anyway, and I've just realised that you said you posted in Monday morning so I have no idea why it wasn't there Monday lunchtime, I'm going to just blame the government for that one... because I can

Oh dear, ramblage...

But as for actual comments about the contents of this blog...

You stealing things?!

I can't believe it! You do realise it's illegal to do that right? In fact my dad has a criminal record for taking things out of skips... Tut tut my dear boy. Tut tut tut.

I expected much better of you, but well done all the same ;)

Right I guess I should go back to whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing... I hope you think of me sitting here in uncomfortable clothes in the big scary office while you're sat home doing nothing..

Reply to my email =P (the work one, I can't get to hotmail here - oh yes I'm eing demanding =P)

Laters dude

Si

PS Longest comment ever written? :|