Wednesday, July 04, 2007

An Public Message from CATCOUK

I make this public message to apologise to anyone that read either of my previous blog posts. I recieved the following comment/ complaint from an ananoymous reader:

I came upon your blog when looking on the internet to see if there was much negative publicity about the virus. I'm disppointed with what you've written. Instead of speaking so disparagingly about the camp, why don't you tell your readers about everything that makes the camp wonderful? To some kids - camp Ockanickon is like heaven. You write well for a young person - why don't you put that talent to some use by telling your friends about what being an American Boy Scout is all about?

First and foremost, I am most definatly not a Scout. I am an officer in the Nautical Training Corps on an exchange programme with the camp. However, it is fair to say that being a member of any youth organisation of this type is brilliant, and has provided me with some of my best memories. It was not my intent to portray Ockanickon Scout Reservation in a disparinging way. My actual intention was to praise the hard work in admiration of what the camp was able to achieve under such difficult circumstances. I am proud to be a member of staff at one of America's top Boy Scout camps.

Secondly, it is important to note that the camp management, my fellow colleagues and I all do the best we can for the welfare and enjoyment of the Scouts. When I am at home with the NTC, I always put the needs of the cadets first, and the same goes here. As an indicator of how much fun Ockanickon offers, the majority of troops that were here on week 1 and 2 (both of which were closed early due to illness) signed up for a week next year. Despite the illness that went around!

Lastly, regular readers of CATCOUK will know that my blog is always written in a reasonably negative aspect. I have always treated my blog as light entertainment, which usually involves telling of my misfortunes, or those of others, using a variety of sarcasm, irony, and dry wit. I take my responsibilty of writing thid blog seriously, and apologies once again for any misunderstandings.

On a lighter note, if you would like to know more, you can see the news story in video! Just go to: http://video.nbc10.com/player/?id=124585. NBC10 News. It must have been a slow news day. Ironically, 'Action News' turned up a day later. Not an awful lot of action from them eh? They're a day late!

This has been a Public Message from CATCOUK - The BlogSpot home of Andy Clarke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Clarkeface,

we (regular readers) know that reading your misfortunes in the entertainment of the week. Hope all is ging well, apart from the leg, the virus and your scout uniform!!!

Rob - from the warzone which is london!!!!